Thursday, April 22, 2010

St. George Continued, Still...

Besides hiking on our trip we did a little of this:


We bought an ostrich egg from the ostrich farm that is near Zions. We scrambled it, cooked it, and fed ten people. There were leftovers.

We flew kites. Addie absolutely loved this and flew her kite for a long time. I was bored and done and she was still staring up at her kite in the sky. Luckily it was a very windy day and we had to do minimal work to keep it up there. We bought cheapo kites that day and Addie's princess kite was the only one that lasted through the stronger winds.

The girls enjoyed playing at their favorite (it is really just Nick's favorite) park down in St. George.
We also took my sister and brother-in-law on the bear claw poppy trail for some biking. I haven't been mountain biking since I had Rachel and some of the drops left my heart beating a little faster then normal. (Editor's note (I, Nick, am the editor) the drops Natalie hit that left her heart beating fast were bigger than any of the other ones she has ever done. In other words, she is tough.)

Gotta love the self portrait it always makes noses and chins stunning.

2 comments:

Andrea J said...

Your St. George adventures always make me miss you guys like crazy.

Rachel said...

just catching up. You guys do so many fun things. Next time we get together you'll have to give to low down on some wimpy hiking I can do with little kids.