Sunday, August 31, 2008

Payson lakes

This post is a little delayed but just to make Sam jealous I felt like I had to include it. We went camping last weekend up at Payson lakes. It was a short but fun trip. We camped out on Friday night where we collected berries, roasted marshmallows, and talked around the campfire. That morning the kids made a fort and Lizzie enjoyed the dirt. We packed up after that and headed down to spend the day at the lake. Some of my family joined us and the kids played in the water all afternoon. Addie and the rest of the girls decided that I had to swim back from the raft when we were in the middle of the lake. I claimed that I couldn't do it because I didn't have my goggles, but Nan let me borrow hers and I had no excuses left. Later we walked around the lake and watched Nick unsuccessfully try to catch fish with his hands before heading back home.




2 comments:

Taryn and the boys said...

Worked! I am totally jelous! We were going to try and take the boys on a warm camping trip this weekend. But since we weren't sure what was going to happen with the hurricane we decided to stay home. I think we will wait till it cools down a little more before we plan another camping trip.

Taryn and the boys said...

PPPPPPPPHHHHHHTTTTTT! Gues we gotta go camping....