Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Life Goal #1, Check
This is an after-the-fact post but I wanted to put it up here because it was such a significant day in all of our lives. Addie can officially be one of those kids that says, usually in a pretty snotty way, that she went skiing for the first time when she was two. It almost brings a tear to my eye. She was a little distracted by the mountain of snow for the first run. All she wanted to do was "eat the ice." So I skied down holding her up between my legs. The next run up I had the idea to tell her that the snow was only good to eat at the bottom and that the snow on the top of the mountain was yucky. A little deceitful but it definitely got the job done. Add to that the fact that she got a piece of a "'nolar bar every lift ride up" and she was hooked. She actually did really well too. I am still a proud Papa about the whole thing. Here are a couple of pictures that I managed to snap in between my tears of joy.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm very happy for all of you! I can relate as when I saw Kate swimming I started to tear up :)
Post a Comment