First we will hit the main event of the costumes and trick-or-treating. Then on to the event that happened prior being the carving of the pumpkins. Please, no comments about the chronological order of things, there is a reason for it in our heads and as this is our blog that will be the way it is. Any questions? Anyway, on to the post. For Halloween this year we dressed up as the three little pigs and the big bad wolf. I had this idea last year. Addie started out the season excited to be a pig but then refused. She wanted to be a shark, sometimes an elephant, sometimes a hedgehog, anything other then a pig. A week before Halloween I finally gave up and decided to find a new costume idea. That day she suddenly decided that she wanted to be a pig. Ahhh. She isn't stubborn or anything. We had a great Halloween though and it was really warm. Nick took the girls out trick or treating and they both loved it. Lizzie just sucked on a sucker in her stroller the whole time. Addie yelled "thanks" and "Halloween" walking away from every door. She was supposed to say "Happy Halloween" but stating the name of the holiday was about all we could get. Anyway here are the pictures.


Now for the pumpkin carving. We picked our pumpkins from a local pumpkin patch which was really fun. We carved them the next night. Below is the play-by-play.

After her initial anger at putting a knife in her pumpkin Addie started enjoying removing the pumpkin guts
Lizzie found her own way of amusing herself

Addie's finished product. She drew the face she wanted and told me to make it look sad. I don't think I really made it look sad but she was satisfied.
The happy family, minus me, plus the pumpkins.
3 comments:
You guys look so cute! Tell Addie I loved her as a pig. And I loved her pumpkin's face. I'll have to remeber that one for next year. And by the way
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAT!!!!
forgot an m. sorry
I know it's cheesy, but I really love it when families all dress in a theme. You guys are too cute!
Post a Comment