Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We go on a trip and I examine poop

Last week we got to take a short trip to St. George with Nick's mom. It was a lot of fun and a really good break. Nick's mom is always a ton of fun and we ate really good food, stayed up late, and did a whole lot of this:The weather was beautiful down there and Nick and I even got to do some biking, but we were still happy that our house looked this even if it was just a day or two:
Viewer discretion advised: this story is kind of gross and I hesitate to share, but here we go. On Saturday night we stayed late at my mom's house. I put Addie to sleep in one of the beds and that was that. The next morning Addie told Nick and me a strange story about swallowing a ring while she was lying in bed. Addie has crazy dreams all the time though and lives in a world of make believe so I didn't think much of it. Later that day my sister Laurie who was staying at my mom's house says she is missing an earring and wonders if I have seen it. I start to panic a little and call Addie over. I ask her about the ring and she tells me, "There were two of them and they were too little to fit on fingers. I dropped one on the ground and I swallowed the other." Sure enough the other one was on the carpet. So now my daughter has swallowed my sister's very nice, very expensive, wedding anniversary earrings. To make it better I had to find it to make sure it came through. So this week I got to examine all of Addie’s umm waste to say it nice. We turned of all the flushers and every time she went to the bathroom I got to hold a bucket under and examine it for an earring. (People asked how I could be a nurse it isn’t nearly that gross) Luckily it came through and I now have a beautiful earring to return to my sister. I just know that pieces of this story will be told in nursery this week and I am going to have to do some fun clarifying.

5 comments:

jeanine said...

oh how sick! Glad you found it though!

Rachel said...

YUCK!! I have heard that placing all the poop in a plastic bag and squishing around for the missing item also works. glad your sister gets her beautiful/ partially digested earings back.

Rachel said...

btw, we'll be in UT for Christmas. I always drive down to see Jen. Do you live very close to her? maybe we could all get together at her house for hot chocolate... Jen?

as for my sister, they think she was deprived of oxygen. it was not carbon monoxide and her x-boyfriend admits that he was there with her all night. Things are getting really weird and suspicious. My parents called the police to get them involved.

Taryn and the boys said...

Dang we missed the October St. George trip. I'm glad I didn't even know it was happening until it was over. I'm glad you guys had fun! Hey I think raising kids is partcially just so you can have some good stories to tell and some great memories. Addie is really good at giving both.

Alex said...

That couldn't have felt good going through. The snow picture is nice.