Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dance class and the very mean mom

Disclaimer: the contents of this entry will probably not be nearly as funny to you as they were to me.

Addie started a dance class this month and I think we are finally getting it down. The first time she wanted to go to the bathroom the whole time. The second week she left the house while I was getting out of the shower and headed off to class by herself. This week we BOTH walked to class with me properly dressed rather then throwing random clothes on and running down the street with wet hair yelling at her. We got there and she walked in then slammed the door shut in my face. I tried to open it and she said, "good bye go away I don't need you". I guess that counts as a success.


Lately Addie has decided that whenever she doesn't want to do anything she says that she can't because she is too scared. So, yesterday I was dropping off Nick's Mom and Addie started to cry and says, "Nana don't leave I am too scared." His mom asks what are you scared of and Addie says, "I am scared of my mean mom please don't leave me with her." Great I am the mean mom with one kid afraid to be alone with me and the other in a cast. Next thing I know DCFS will be at my door.



4 comments:

Andrea J said...

Best post. Spencer and I both laughed out loud and Kate and Anna were very interested in what was so funny! Kate's version is that she's too tired to do whatever I have asked of her.

Taryn and the boys said...

No disclaimer needed. I thought it was pretty dang funny. Addie and Isaac must have talked lately. Isaac keeps telling me he doesn't want a "mean mom", like if I have to do things like the laundry when we wants me to come upstairs and play with him.

The Jorgensen's said...

Oh Addie... you are too funny! Thanks again for dinner last night. It was delicious and fun!

Rachel said...

haha! that is classic. I think this is why blogs were invented. So we can keep track of all the things that made up laugh.