Sunday, September 26, 2010

Summer Fun

Other summer activities included...



A little hot hike to Battle Creek Falls. I love Lizzie's face in these pictures. It is bright red because she was so hot the whole time.

A camp out in the backyard that included a long story about a t-rex dragon, the hard ground (who knew grass was so hard and that I would want my sleeping pad so bad), a colder night than expected (again, who needs a sleeping bag. I'm in the backyard, my blanket will do, right?), and very little sleep ("Mom! Mom! The sun is up! The sun is up!"). The girls love the tent and wanted to sleep in it every night.

We also spent a great day swimming and playing up at Silver Lake. The kids didn't mind the cold water at all.
Lizzie spent a lot of the day floating away as happy as can be...
...then Katie would swim out and "save" her until she floated away again.

1 comment:

Andrea J said...

So looking forward to spending time with you guys; these pictures make my heart hurt :)