Friday, March 19, 2010

Attention, Leprechauns, and Winter

You might be asking yourself, "What do those things in the title have to do with each other?" The answer is nothing but they are in this post together because it is my blog and I want it that way. So, without further ado...

First things first; Rachel is 4 months. Yeah that went really really fast. She is easy and good and, I hate to say it, but sometimes I forget she is around. I have a feeling that now that she is waking up more that might end. Yesterday I had just finished feeding her and she had had a really good nap and she started crying. I was very confused for a while. I kept wondering what was wrong with her. Then I realized "Oh, you want attention." Imagine that, needing more than food and sleep to be happy. Weird.
Next, Addie and Lizzie had a fun time trying to catch their leprechaun. I love that they are discovering holidays and getting excited. I also love that a couple of gold foil coins and some finger paint go so far toward making them happy.


Next, Nick and I have a babysitting exchange on Friday nights with three other families. Three Friday nights a month we get to go out and one night we get all the kids. It works really well despite the chaos of the Friday when we have them all. A couple of weeks ago we used the time to go cross country skiing in American Fork Canyon. Rachel came with us and didn't seem to mind the cold at all. She did make Nick fairly warm under all of those layers but it was great to get out and do that. It is weird to think that winter is ending and our chances to go skiing and other cool things like that are running out.


Lastly, Nick also took the scouts snow camping and surprisingly he didn't seem to mind the cold either.


So that has been our lives as of late. A little bit of a hodge-podge of activities but that's kind of the way life feels right now; and that isn't altogether bad.

7 comments:

Andrea J said...

I love your leprechauns and Addie's face in her picture, good job all around!

Missy said...

Great idea with the leprechauns. Maybe I'll be more on top of things next year.
That picture of Rachel is so cute! How nice to have such a great baby.

Adam, Carrie and Noah said...

Love your cute girls! :)

Helen Macfarlane said...

Your family is so darned CUTE! Love that picture of Rachel.
Andrew had a good time on the campout. I'm sad that he's leaving Teachers and becoming a priest. :-( Time flies! Thanks Nick for all of your awesomeness!!

Carl Hardie said...

That picture of Rachel is awesome! She looks like a little Nick but with less hair. Hopefully we can catch up with you guys while we are out in Utah.

tracie said...

Yea, I found your blog. so cute.

Johnson Fam said...

I love the first happy picture of Rachel! So adorable. I need to get more into holidays myself as it is so fun for the kids.