Two things changed. First, the big one, we did not get blown out by OK. That was an amazing game. There are a lot of people who get paid a lot of money to analyze football games so I won't add my amateur knowledge here but I will say that it was one of the most exciting games I have ever attended in my life. My voice is still recovering. The other change was that Sam and I decided that we would rather stay up late than wake up early so we left Dallas to go to Houston at 2:00 AM. It is kind of a 4 and a half hour drive. Nice. For that though I had Sunday morning to hang out with Isaac, Beckham, and Truman, oh and Taryn. Definitely worth the trip and, lets be honest, a middle of the night tour through Texas is kind of fun in itself.
On another note the man-tripness of the trip was past measurement. I had had a rough week leading up to the trip and it was all forgotten. It is amazing how you can forget the fact that you haven't seen people for years and just go back to having a good time. It is also amazing how many peopletell me that I have really good friends. I think they are right. Seriously it is funny to me that a couple of random meetings in the first week of college has led to such good friendships. I am a lucky guy. There was also that guy there that I met when he punched me in the nose when I was ten days old. That meeting didn't go as well but lead to a decent friendship too.
The other element of the trip that was great was seeing the Texas Hudsons. The boys are getting so dang big but so dang fun. As a tip, if you ever do stay with them DO NOT have light saber wars with Isaac and Beckham, you could lose fingers. The house was great, the kids were great and I guess the adults were OK too.
As a summary, I think we can all agree that this was a classic/memorable trip in every way possible from a great game to great friends and great family. Plus I jumped in a dry river bed and found 17 golf balls, not bad; so let's get a cheer... 1-2-3 MAN TRIP!

PS, Sorry for the lack of pictures. I was kind of too busy/distracted to take any. These are lifted from Reza's Facebook account. Additional pictures would have told you the following in a thousand words:1) Cowboy Stadium is huge
2) Sam and Taryn's house is cool
3) Isaac, Beckham, and Truman are big and cute
4) I look good in all sorts of colors and situations
5) Golf was fun
6) We ate a lot of chicken wings
7) The road between Dallas and Houston is dark at 5:00 in the morning
2 comments:
I knew I could count on you Nick for a more through accounting of the trip. I agree, your friends are acceptional.
Except for that DB who punched you in the nose... who invited him? Light saber fights are freakin' awesome to watch, hope the knuckles have healed. And yes, I'm still getting crap from Utes about the blue shirt, but I've got no problem with that. Sweet trip, come again!
-Sam
Post a Comment