Sunday, March 1, 2009

Nana and Papi's Canyafonia House

The title is an attempt at a phonetic spelling of Addie's pronunciation.

From the previous leg of Santa Monica We continued on up the coast. We drove the 1 up to Oxnard (he he he) and then through Ventura to Santa Barbara. I do love that place. Anyway we surprised Nana when we called at the late hour of 10:30. I think we caused a minor panic showing up a bit earlier than expected. I am not going to go into the trip point by point because that would take over an hour to write and I really hope that you have something better to do with your time. I will make several statements that summarize some of my thoughts.
  1. I could live in Santa Barbara just for the available running trails
  2. I could live in Santa Barbara just for the available biking routes
  3. Lizzie is a fish that would not get out of the water
  4. Addie's favorite part about the beach was the waves. That is after she had a thirty minute out-of-control breakdown about huge waves coming and taking us out to sea
  5. I think Nana would cut off her right arm if either of my kids asked her
  6. It is good to have co-conspirators
  7. Getting out of the house can pay big dividends (this picture also goes along with the point above)
  8. Silly hats are a good idea sometimes
  9. Don't worry if people are looking at you funny for the sake of a good picture
  10. No point here, just a good picture
As you can tell it was a great trip.Amazing really. We did everything we wanted to do and then some. We got great weather (rain the day before we came and rain the day after but 70s while we were there), a great trip to the beach, and a lot of good hang out time. In addition to all of that we went and saw the time trial for the Tour of California in Solvang. That will just have to be the next post as this one has already taken too much of your life to read. Plus it will only appeal to fellow bike nerds. Anyway it was great. Thanks again Nana and Papi! (It must have been good because I hate exclamation points and I had to use one there.)

2 comments:

Laynie (Micalena) said...

Nicholas,
Your kids are beautiful and your wife is even more beautiful!! Your California trip looked like so much fun...except you forgot one very important thing...Auntie Micalena who also lives in Santa Monica!!!! Now you owe me a visit! Give Nat my love and hugs and kisses to your girls. XOXOXO
p.s. tell Nat to call me sometime--I don't have your phone number for some reason.

The Jorgensen's said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip!