Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thanks for the Squeak

Sometimes Addie picks and chooses the lessons she learns. We had a quick lesson about gratitude this past Monday. We were talking about being thankful for what we have even when it is not everything we want. After describing some of the things we should be grateful for Addie started asking about all of the stuff she has. At one point she asked about her toys and I said "Yes, you should be thankful for your toys because you have so many and there are a lot of people who don't have any at all." Yes, I felt like the parent talking about the starving kids in Africa, but that is beside the point.

Later that night we were saying prayers before bed and after all of the typical things she said: "Thank you for my toys, and that they squeak, and that they are sooooo funny."

Not exactly the lesson I was trying to convey but a valid point.

1 comment:

The Jorgensen's said...

Sounds like Addie's over the whole, "It makes me angry when I pray" phrase. Congrats! Hope your week goes better than last!