Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dirty Dash

The last weekend in September I did one of the funnest races I have ever done. It was called the Dirty Dash. It was a 10K that added in obstacles and lots and lots of mud.
It started running up a muddy hill and then up a lot more hills until we ran through a snowmaker that was shooting water all over the dirt, over some hay bales, through some tubes, through some mud pits, and over some walls. This picture is of me with my neighbor, Sarah, and niece, Stephanie. We were running through a mud pit right before one of the walls.


Here is my niece coming over one of the walls. The pictures of me weren't nearly as coordinated so I'm not including them. After the walls we got to run through the swamps of Deer Creek Reservoir. It didn't smell very good and pulling your shoes out of the muck got hard after a while. After that they ran us back up the hill to a giant slip and slide.


To finish it off we got to/had to run through the mud pit.


The final mud pit was waist-deep with flags criss-crossing it that you couldn't get over. That meant the only way to get through was to go under and crawl... through the mud. After crawling through the pit my friend Courtney "helped" me up. That is her in the picture up with the handful of mud getting ready to help me up. That is me right by her, crouched on the ground, about to meet that mud. Stephanie helped her out.


My ear might never be the same.


And here are the proud finishers. You can make a pig face, be incredibly muddy, and be proud in this case. It works.


And our lovely legs/shoes after it all.


This race is definitely a repeat. Lizzie was there at the finish line and when I saw her she told me very informatively, "Mom you're way dirty."

3 comments:

Andrea J said...

If neither of us are pregnant we're totally doing that together next year. Yes, I'm inviting myself.

Taryn and the boys said...

that looks like so much fun. you should have included the other pictures. {i'm so impressed with all your blogging lately!}

Brooke said...

That is awesome. I am very impressed :)