Two quick stories that have made me laugh and almost cry (I am really pregnant).
1st
I picked Addie up from primary yesterday and she had the grumpiest face. She usually loves her teacher and everything to do with Sunbeams so I was surprised. I guessed it was because she didn't want to come home. (Last week she had a similar grumpy face for Nick when he picked her up because she didn't want to come home.) I asked her why she was so grumpy and she told me, "I am mad because I do not want to go live in heaven. I love our house and this beautiful earth. I don't like heaven." I tried to talk to her a little but it wasn't really the place. We got home and she was still really mad. She came in and announced. "I am throwing my scriptures in the trash so that I won't get to go to heaven. Then I can just stay here."
2nd
Lizzie and I went to Home Depot today to get some more paint to finish the girls' room. It was just a little quart and Lizzie was insistent on carrying it. I must have not been thinking straight because I handed it to her and let her carry it out of the store. Who really thinks "yeah lets give the two year old who has incredible coordination and never drops anything a quart of paint." Anyway she of course dropped it and it went all over her, the store, and me. I grabbed the can to try to save some of the paint so my hands were also covered. After that I just stood there extremely embarrassed, not knowing what to do while Lizzie cried. Luckily Home Depot employees are very nice. After forty-five minutes, several outfits, a quart of paint, and a loss of dignity we walked out of the store with a new quart of paint... in a bag... that I held.
8 comments:
Oh Natalie, I'm sorry about the paint. I'm glad people were kind to you, because you could have stood there a long time otherwise.
I just love your stories. Maybe it's because I can always relate to them way too well. I am going to try and call you again. I am so sorry we missed your birthday and I really need a baby update. Happy belated birthday nat.
I probably would have cried in the middle of home depot. Good for you for keeping your composure.
funny and sad I agree. I think I would have just kept walking out of home depot and never looked back. I hope Addie changes her mind about heaven or you're going to have some rough years ahead of her trying to keep herself out of heaven.
LOL love the scriptures in the trash...Noah would totally say and do that. Such dramatic little ones. Sorry about the paint...hey it makes for a good blog entry:)Hang in there! -Carrie
I'm with you on the paint thing. I wouldn't know what to do!
And Addy totally cracks me up! What a cutie!
That is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the paint story. That is classic. I can totally picture it. I would probably do the same thing. So I am dying any baby yet? What is the plan?
Post a Comment